- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3-4 sheets graham crackers, broken into smaller pieces
- 1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips or milk chocolate melting wafers
- Preheat oven to 250F. In a roasting pan, add 2/3 of the popped popcorn. Add the rest of the popcorn to a mixing bowl with the mini marshmallows.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add the brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring together as the butter and sugar melts. Once melted and once the mixture is at a low boil, continue boiling for 2-3 minutes or, ideally, until a candy thermometer reads 285F.
- Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda, mixing well (it will look lighter and foamy).
- Allow the caramel to cool for a few minutes until still warm, but no longer hot. Don't let it cool for too long or the caramel will start to harden.
- Pour caramel over popcorn in the roasting pan and fold with a spatula until all the popcorn is coated. Bake for 60 minutes, turning every 15 minutes. During the last 15 minutes, add the graham cracker pieces and stir to get them lightly coated with the caramel.
- While the caramel corn is in the oven, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments, stirring with a non-stick spatula at the end of each time period.
- Pour the chocolate over the popcorn and marhsmallows in the mixing bowl and fold to combine.
- Turn the caramel corn out onto a large sheet of wax paper, and then turn out the chocolate popcorn and marshmallows onto the same sheet of wax paper.
- Allow to cool completely so that the chocolate and caramel has hardened. To speed up the process, allow the popcorn to come to room temperature and then close in an airtight container and place in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins