These super simple air fryer muffins recipe can be mixed in one bowl and makes a perfect small batch of 6 muffins. You can use any fruit add-ins that you want!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk, any kind (whole milk for best result)
- 1/3 cup blueberries, chopped raspberries, chopped strawberries, chopped blackberries, chocolate chips, or other add-ins.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add in egg, butter flavor, oil, milk, and mix just until dry ingredients are combined - do not overmix.
- Gently fold in fruit or add ins. Distribute batter among silicone baking cups. Depending on the size of your cups and air fryer, you'll be able to get 6 or 7 muffins.
- Place cups in air fryer and fry at 350F for 11 minutes. Check muffins by pulling out the fry drawer and inserting a toothpick. If it doesn't come out clean, fry for an additional 2-3 minutes and then check again.
- Let muffins cool for several minutes and then remove from cups. Serve with butter, honey, and/or jam.
I recommend using silicone baking cups similar to these (this is the set that I bought) They are sturdy and hold their shape without a pan, making them perfect for air frying muffins and cupcakes. They're also completely nonstick, so you don't need to grease them. Releasing the muffins from them is so easy!
If you have a large air fryer, double the recipe to make a dozen muffins at once. You can also bake the muffins 6 at a time in a smaller air fryer if you choose to double the ingredients.
Air fryers use air movement like a convection oven to bake items quickly. As a result, you will notice that the tops of some or all of your muffins will be lopsided or misshapen. This is normal and will not affect the flavor of your muffins.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Air Fryer
Keywords: air fryer, muffins, raspberries, fruit