- 1 12oz box vanilla wafer cookies (see notes)
- 1 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 cups coconut flakes (sweetened or unsweetened depending on your preference)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate, mostly thawed (about 6 oz)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- In a food processor, pulse the vanilla wafers into a very fine crumb. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Pulse the pecans into a fine crumb and add to the bowl with the wafers. Finally, pulse the coconut until coarsely chopped and transfer to a separate shallow dish.
- Add the powdered sugar, orange juice concentrate, vanilla extract, and butter to the pecan and wafer crumbs. Using a hand mixer, mix until combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop dough and use your hands to form balls. Roll each ball in the chopped coconut and then place onto a cookie sheet. Chill until firm and then transfer to a container. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
If you can only find 11oz boxes of vanilla wafers, you can add 2-3 sheets of graham crackers to make up the difference. Alternatively, you can use an extra 1/3 cup of powdered sugar, but this will increase the sweetness of the recipe. Or you could buy two boxes to get the extra ounce of wafers and then make banana pudding with the rest. 😉
- Prep Time: 5 mins