The feta pasta sensation made famous by TikTok. Sweet cherry tomatoes get a bath of olive oil and seasonings, get baked with a block of feta cheese, and then mixed in with cooked pasta. So simple and so delicious!
- 2 pints sweet cherry tomatoes, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 7oz block of feta cheese (queso fresco also works)
- Olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Pinch of oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 2 TBS fresh basil, chopped
- 8 oz dry pasta (short shapes work best, such as rotini, macaroni, penne, etc)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add cherry tomatoes to a 9-inch square baking dish. Drizzle generously with olive oil (I didn't measure, but a few good glugs). Add garlic, oregano, basil, and a few shakes of salt and pepper (go easy on the salt). mix everything together until the tomatoes are well-coated.
- Nestle the block of cheese in the center of the dish and add a small drizzle of olive oil on top. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the tomatoes are wrinkled up and cheese is starting to brown.
- While the dish is in the oven, cook the pasta to al dente using salted water (follow suggestions for cook times on the packaging). Drain the pasta, conserving about a cup of the pasta water.
- Use the back of a spoon to squish the tomatoes and the cheese and then stir everything together. Add the drained pasta and stir, adding a bit of the pasta sauce as needed to loosen the sauce and keep everything moist (you don't have to use all of the pasta water that you saved)
- Add additional fresh basil if desired, and serve.