- 1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts (usually 3-4 breasts), trimmed and pounded flat
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ~ 20 slices turkey pepperoni (can use regular)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Generously season the pounded flat chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place side-by-side in a lightly sprayed baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, parsley, and garlic. Add a few shakes of salt and pepper, taste, and adjust accordingly. If your tomatoes taste too acidic, you can add a little sugar, Swerve, or sugar substitute of your choice to counteract it. Just add a tiny bit (1/4 tsp) at a time and taste until it tastes right to you!
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and bake uncovered 25-35 minutes until the chicken is done.
- Remove dish from oven and set the oven to Broil. Cover the top with the cheese and top with pepperoni. Broil until cheese is melted and pepperoni has crisped up a bit.
- Serving Size: 6 oz chicken (usually 1/2 breast)
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Sodium: 875mg
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 42.4g
- Cholesterol: 119mg