- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Cornstarch - a small sprinkle (optional)
- Olive oil and melted butter (optional), just enough to coat fries
- Seasoning (see notes)
- Pre heat your oven to 450F
- Peel sweet potatoes, or wash and leave the skins on
- Cut into fries, about 1/2 inch thick. Try to cut them all somewhat even.
- In a bowl, toss fries with just enough olive oil to coat. If using sweet seasonings, you can add a little bit of melted butter to the oil.
- Toss fries with desired seasoning (see notes), and if desired, a little cornstarch to promote extra crisping.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or give it a spritz of cooking spray)
- Arrange fries in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack of your oven, turning once, until desired texture has been achieved.
- Every oven is different, so bake time will vary. Start with 10-12 minutes and test to see where you are.
- Let cool before serving.
For sweet fries, season with brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and/or nutmeg. For salty fries, keep things simple with a bit of sea salt and black pepper. Other ideas: the sky is the limit, so don’t be afraid to experiment! Try cumin, chili powder, seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder, etc.