These chocolate peanut clusters are easily made in the Crock Pot and include two varieties of peanuts and 3 different kinds of chocolate! This recipe makes a ton of clusters, so it's great for party prep!
- 2 pounds almond bark
- 1 12-ounce bag dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 16 oz dry roasted peanuts
- 16 oz unsalted cocktail peanuts
- Optional: flaked sea salt or sprinkles for garnish
- Lightly spray slow cooker with an oil-based cooking spray. Place two large sheets of wax paper on your countertop.
- Add almond bark, dark chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chips.
- Place a dish towel over the top of the slow cooker and put the lid on it. The towel will prevent any condensation that collects on the underside of the lid from touching the chocolate. This is an important step. If water drips into the chocolate it will cause it to seize up.
- Turn the slow cooker to low. Stir with a non-stick spatula every 15-20 minutes, being sure to scrape down the sides and bottom of the pot.
- Chocolate could be fully melted in an hour or less depending on your cooker. Do not leave slow cooker unattended as you could end up burning the chocolate.
- When chocolate is melted, add all of the peanuts and stir until fully coated.
- Switch slow cooker to the warming setting. Use a cereal spoon to drop clusters onto the wax paper. Add garnish while the chocolate is still wet, if using.
- Let chocolate set up (could take a couple of hours) and store in container in a cool place, or in the refrigerator to help keep the chocolate nice and snappy.
You can alter the dark and milk chocolate used to fit your tastes. You can even try peanut butter chips!
It's very important to not let any water come into contact with the chocolate, as this will cause seizing.
Don't leave the slow cooker unattended during the melting process and make sure to stir frequently.
You can cut this recipe in half if you don't need so many clusters. You can also freeze leftover clusters in a freezer-safe zip top storage bag.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: Up to 90 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Slow Cooker
Keywords: crock pot, slow cooker, peanut clusters, chocolate, almond bark