- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 lb fresh green beans, rinsed and ends cut off
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar dried cranberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and sprinkle the pecans onto the foil.
- Toast the pecans in the oven until they begin to darken and become fragrant. This usually only takes a few minutes, so watch them closely! Remove from oven and transfer the toasted pecans to a bowl.
- Raise the oven temperature to 425F. Place the dried cranberries in a small bowl and cover with very hot water.
- On the same baking sheet, toss the prepared green beans with the olive oil, garlic, and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 14-16 minutes, tossing once halfway through. You can roast them for as little or as long as you want, depending on how soft you want your green beans. A shorter roasting time will result in bright green beans that retain crunch, longer will result in darker beans that are softer.
- Remove the pan from the oven, drain the water from the cranberries, and sprinkle the beans with cranberries, pecans, and lemon juice. Serve warm.