- 1 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 TBS whole coffee or espresso beans
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Line an 8x8 square baking dish with aluminum foil and set aside. Add coffee or espresso beans to a plastic bag and hit with a rolling pin or smooth side of a meat tenderizer until the beans are broken into coarse pieces. Do the same with the peppermint candy using a clean bag if your candy is not already crushed.
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler with about an inch of water. Place the upper bowl of the double boiler on top and add the chocolate chips. Heat on stove until the water is simmering, stirring constantly until the chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peppermint extract and coffee/espresso bean pieces. Immediately spread into the prepared baking dish using a non-stick spatula. Sprinkle the desired amount of peppermint candy on the top, pressing down slightly.
- Place the pan in the freezer until firm (~1-2 hours) and then break into pieces.
You can melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl if you don't have a double boiler. Use 50% power and stir the chocolate every 20-30 seconds.
This recipe can be doubled for a 9x13 pan.