Soft, cake-like cookies full of pumpkin and cinnamon and dotted with sweet butterscotch chips for a delicious combo. Their smaller size makes them perfect for easy-grab snacking.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand or stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until pale yellow and fluffy - 4-5 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet in 3 additions, mixing on low speed after each one. Stop mixing when just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the butterscotch chips. Use a small 2-tsp size cookie scoop to drop flat scoops of dough onto the prepared pans, spacing them 2 inches apart. If desired, press some extra butterscotch chips into the dough balls for looks.
- Bake on the center rack for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are set. If you bake 2 pans at once, rotate the pans halfway through.
- Allow cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat steps 4-6 as needed until all dough has been used. Make sure pans are cool between each bake.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 11 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: pumpkin, butterscotch, cookies, cake like cookies, fall, cinnamon