A pumpkin pie perfect for the puppies! This special treat includes dog-safe ingredients and gets its bit of sweetness from applesauce and honey.
- 6 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- whipped cream and sprinkles, optional
- Lightly grease a 6-inch round cake pan. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Stir together whole wheat flour and applesauce. Use clean hands to form a dough. Place onto a nonstick or lightly-floured surface and roll into a disc. Place disc in prepared pan and use your fingers to press the crust all the way out to the edges. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until crust has darkened slightly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, honey, and egg. Pour onto crust and use the back of a spoon to spread out evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool and top with whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 38 minutes
- Category: Dog Treats
- Method: Oven
Keywords: pumpkin pie, dog treats, dog safe