- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 16 ounces strawberries, fresh or frozen (if fresh, wash and remove stems)
- 2-3 TBS white sugar, or to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the orange juice and whisk in the cornstarch until fully combined. Add the strawberries and bring mixture to a very low boil so that it begins to thicken.
- Continue to cook until the strawberries soften, and then use the back of a big spoon to coarsely mash them against the side of the pan.
- Add the sugar 1 TBS at a time and stir to dissolve, then taste and add more sugar as needed until desired sweetness has been reached.
- Once the strawberries are soft and the sauce has thickened, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Serve warm over pancakes. It would also be delicious on waffles, French toast, ice cream, or cheesecake! Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins