- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, plus extra for rolling dough
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest from one large lime (add more to taste)
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- AirHeads Xtremes Bites candies for decorating (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- With a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, vanilla extract, lime juice and lime zest.
- In 2-3 additions, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Refrigerate dough for several hours
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in sugar.
- Place on lined cookie sheets 1 - 2 inches apart
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned
- If desired, remove cookies from oven about a minute before they're doneand place an AirHeads candy onto the top (this will help the candy stick to the cookie).
- Remove from oven and let stand on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack.