Brown rice is infused with the flavors of turmeric and garlic for a nutrient rich and delicious side dish for many different main courses
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 14oz can vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 TBS ground turmeric, scant
- Black pepper, if desired.
- Place brown rice into a colander and rinse well.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the minced garlic and rice and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, water and turmeric. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Allow to cook for 45-50 minutes until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove lid to pan and fluff rice with fork or spoon. Serve as desired, sprinkled with black pepper if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: rice bed, rice side dish, turmeric, indian, brown rice