As fun to make as they are to eat, these pizza pinwheels can be filled with any number of toppings and use a premade crust and sauce to make them extra simple!
- 1 16 oz ball premade pizza dough OR 1 can of pizza crust
- 1 jar of your favorite pizza sauce (you won't use all of it)
- 1 cup (approx) of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- A few shakes each of black pepper and ground oregano
- Toppings of choice: cooked onion and garlic, roasted red pepper, sundried tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, banana peppers, baby spinach, artichoke, olives, and/or sliced almonds
- Remove pizza crust from refrigerator and let sit for 20-30 minutes on the counter. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Using a lightly floured surface or silicone mat, press the crust out into a 11x15" rectangle. It doesn't have to be perfect.
- Spread desired amount of sauce onto the crust, stopping about 1/8" from the edges. Don't spread the sauce too thick.
- Add desired toppings, making sure they cover all the way to the edges of the sauce. Don't pile the toppings too high - that will make the pinwheel slices harder to cut.
- Add Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and sprinkle with black pepper and ground oregano.
- Starting on the long end, tightly roll up the pizza into a log. Use a sharp knife - I like a large serrated bread knife - to cut into 1 inch slices.
- Place the slices onto the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until crust is golden.
- Serve warm with additional marinara, garlic butter, and/or ranch sauces if desired.
Large Bread Knife - I find a large serrated edge bread knife to be best for making clean slices.
Nonstick Pastry Mat - I LOVE these for manipulating bread doughs, pastry/pie crusts, etc. The built in measurements make it so easy to measure my baked goods.
The toppings I used in the photos were red sauce, pepper and oregano, fresh basil leaves, cooked onions and garlic, Parmesan, and Mozzarella cheese.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pizza rolls, pinwheels, appetizer, main dish