- Peel from 1 small lemon, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 TBS powdered sugar
- 2 tsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp zest
- Place the peel and heavy cream in a heavy-bottom saucepan on medium heat until steam starts to rise and small bubbles form on surface. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from heat, cover, and allow to steep for about 30 minutes. Strain out the peel, transfer cream to another container and place into the fridge until thoroughly chilled (~3 hours).
- When the cream has chilled, in a bowl combine the ricotta, powdered sugar, zest, and juice. Stir until totally combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the chilled cream on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the ricotta mixture and serve with pancakes.
If you want to plan an easy breakfast, I recommend starting the night before. Infuse the cream and let it chill in the refrigerator, and combine the ricotta mixture and store it in the fridge as well. Then the next morning all you have to do is whip the cream and fold everything together and you're good to go!