These healthier muffins are packed with fiber from bananas, whole wheat flour, and oats. Naturally sweetened with maple syrup, these are filling and tasty!
- 1/3 cup oil of choice*
- ½ cup pure maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 3 small or 2 large very ripe bananas
- ¼ cup milk of choice (dairy or non-dairy will work)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 classic oats
- For topping: Extra oats and coarse sugar like turbinado or demerara
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with baking liners or grease each cup.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil and maple syrup. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Stir in the mashed potatoes, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, salt, and whole wheat flour. Add the dry ingredients to the wet in several additions, mixing until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cups in the pan. Top each one with a sprinkling of extra oats and coarse sugar for some extra crunch.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until muffins are done and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then carefully remove each muffin. Serve warm or room temperature with a smear of butter.
* You can use vegetable, canola, melted coconut oil, or a lightly-flavored olive oil (Like this one)