- 1 spaghetti squash, about 1 - 1.5 lbs
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup 1% milk
- 1 TBS butter
- 1/2 cup (generous) finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Seasoned Salt, as desired
- Black Pepper, as desired
- Cooking Spray
- 8 oz bacon, cooked crisp and chopped into small pieces
- 2/3 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Poke several holes into the spaghetti squash and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 45min - 1 hr or until the inside flesh feels tender when pierced with the knife (the skin will remain firm)
- Remove squash from oven and carefully cut in half to allow the steam to escape. Scoop out and discard the seeds in the center, then use a fork to fluff out the "spaghetti". Measure out 3 cups and set aside, and store any leftovers for other uses.
- Reduce oven to 350F.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft and fragrant. Add the garlic cloves and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Add the measured squash and chopped bacon to the skillet and mix it all together. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, seasoned salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
- In a deep dish pie pan sprayed with cooking spray, add the squash and bacon mixture to the bottom and spread it out evenly. Top with the shredded cheddar cheese, and then pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 45 min - 1 hr or until the eggs are set and the top is beginning to brown. Check on the quiche during the baking process and if it starts to get too brown before the eggs are set, cover with aluminum foil.
- When done, remove from oven and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serving Size: 1/8 pie
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Sodium: 1059mg
- Fat: 17.8g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrates: 5.9g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 17.1g
- Cholesterol: 135mg