- Half of a yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 small can of sliced jalapenos, drained
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 2 TBS BBQ sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese, green onion and/or cilantro for garnish.
- In a skillet sprayed generously with non-fat cooking spray, saute onions until soft and translucent
- Add garlic and jalapenos and saute for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- In a crock pot, combine diced tomatoes, garbanzo beans, chicken broth, chili powder, and BBQ sauce.
- Add onion, garlic, and jalapeno mixture.
- Lay chicken breasts on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low, all day (6-8 hours)
- Remove chicken breasts, shred, and return to crock pot. Mix together.
- Serve with shredded cheese, green onion, cilantro, or any topping of choice.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Entree