- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For serving: chopped fresh parsley and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Prick sweet potatoes all over and place on a foil-lined baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 45min - 1 hour, or when a butter knife can easily be inserted through to the center of the potato.
- When the potatoes have about 15 minutes to go, heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the onions and cook until transclucent. Add the garlic and cook one minute more.
- Add the beans, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook on medium low until beans are heated through. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise and use a fork to fluff up the insides a bit. Spoon desired amount of bean mixture over the potatoes and top with sour cream and parsley.