This Chex mix gets a little sassy with an extra bold sauce! Great for those who love traditional Chex mix but want a little extra oomph in the flavor.
- 4 cups rice chex cereal
- 4 cups corn chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzel twists
- 2 cups cheese crackers or goldfish
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBS seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Place all of the dry ingredients into a large rimmed baking sheet or a lasagna pan.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl - this will take 25-35 seconds. Add the Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. If your Worcestershire sauce is cold, it may cause the butter to solidify again slightly. Just rewarm it in the microwave and mix well.
- Drizzle the sauce over the dry ingredients and use a nonstick spatula to fold it in until all of the ingredients are coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, taking the pan out of the oven every 15 minutes to fold the ingredients with a spatula.
- Let cool completely and then store in an airtight container.
You can substitute the mix-ins with your favorites. Try Bugles, Cheerios, bagel/pita chips, or rye chips. Add some cocktail peanuts or cashews, too!
Microwave Method: In a large (at least 4 quart) microwave-safe bowl, mix all ingredients with the butter sauce and stir well. Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes, stopping the microwave every 2 minutes to stir.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Oven
Keywords: chex mix, bold, snack mix, holidays