- 1 can crescent roll dough (8 rolls)
- 1 10oz jar Maraschino cherries, juice reserved
- 3/4 stick butter (6 tablespoons), plus extra for pan
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup Coca-Cola (can use cherry coke too!)
- Butter a 9-inch cast iron pan (can use cake pan). Preheat oven to 350F
- Separate crescent dough and roll 3-4 cherries into each one and arrange rolls in the prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan on low heat, melt the butter and add the sugar, stirring lightly. Add the vanilla and 1/3 cup of reserved cherry juice. Allow to cook a moment or two more until mixture is heated through, and then remove from heat and stir in the sliced almonds.
- Pour the mixture over the cherry rolls in the pan. Pour the Coca-Cola on the top and then bake for 30-40 minutes or until the dumplings are nice and golden. Allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes and then serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
You can easily double this recipe for a 9x13 pan.