This is an easy weeknight dinner with lots of color and filling ingredients!
- 1 1/2lbs petite gold potatoes, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into 1" chunks
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into 1" chunks
- 1 cup sweet onion, cut into thin slices
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Add potatoes, bell peppers, onions, and garlic to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and then sprinkle on the paprika and generous shakes of salt and pepper.
- Stir or toss with clean hands until everything is well-coated in the oil and spices.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, stirring once or twice so the top doesn't get too brown.
- Remove from oven, add the cooked chicken, and stir until the pieces are coated with the seasonings. Bake for an addition 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven again, top with cheese, and place back into the oven for a few minutes until the cheese melts. Serve warm.
You can use all breast or a mixture of breast, thigh, and leg meat. Cooked chicken pulled from a hot rotisserie chicken from your grocery store works great for this, as does using up leftover chicken from other recipes!
If you don't have fresh garlic, use 3/4 tsp of garlic powder or 2 tsp of minced garlic in the jar.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven