A delicious and filling meal, this chicken and potato bake uses petite gold potatoes, multi-color bell peppers, onion, and cooked chicken to create a delightful dish.
Why You Should Make This
This is an easy, colorful, and filling dinner that is made all in one pan and topped off with just the right amount of melted cheesy goodness. This chicken and potato bake has hearty ingredients that can be a meal all on their own or alongside a green salad and dinner rolls.
... I Hate Chopping Vegetables
I do, too. I really, really do. Here are some tips for making vegetable chopping less of a chore:
- Use a sharp knife. I can't stress how much a razor sharp knife will change your veggie chopping experience. Invest in at least one good knife and keep it sharpened. This WUSTHOF knife is a well-respected workhouse of a knife and is worth the investment.
- Chop ahead of time. You can chop the bell peppers and onion ahead of time and keep them stored in the fridge until ready to toss the dish together. When pre-chopping potatoes, store the cut pieces covered in cold water in the refrigerator, and only chop them about a day in advance.
WUSTHOF Kitchen Knives Are Amazing (buy here)
Skip down to the recipe to see the full ingredient list for this chicken and potato bake. Here are some substitutions you can make:
- Bell Peppers: Use any combination of colors you want
- Potatoes: Use red potatoes instead of petite gold.
- Garlic: If you don't have fresh garlic, substitute with ¾ tsp of garlic powder
- Chicken: You guys love recipes using cooked chicken (hello, convenient grocery store rostisseries!) so that's what I used in this recipe. You can use 1 ½ lbs of raw chicken breast, cut into cubes and added in with the vegetables at the beginning of the bake.
Also, feel free to experiment with different combinations of herbs and seasonings!
Is This Recipe Freezer Friendly?
As written, this is not a good recipe to use as a freezer meal because raw and cut potatoes do not freeze well without blanching or par-cooking them first.
I hope you enjoy this fun and delicious recipe!Print
Do you love this recipe and want to be able to find it later? Use the image below to pin to your Pinterest boards, or share with your friends on social media by using the buttons at the top and bottom of this post. Thank you for visiting my blog!