These chocolate cereal treats are extra ooey gooey from the addition of melted chocolate!
- 3 TBS butter
- 10 ounces (about 4 cups) of marshmallows
- 1/3 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips (or broken up chocolate bar)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups Cocoa Pebbles cereal
- Lightly butter a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan on medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the chocolate and stir frequently until melted. Add the salt and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Add the marshmallows to the pan and stir frequently until fully melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the Cocoa Pebbles cereal and stir until fully coated. Use a sturdy nonstick spatula to transfer the cereal mixture to the prepared pan. Using the spatula or lightly buttered hands, press the mixture into the pan evenly, being careful not to press down too hard (this will create denser, stiffer, treats)
- Allow to set up and then cut and enjoy. Store leftovers in an airtight container in a cool place.
Make sure to read the post for tips and suggestions!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: rice krispies treats, cereal treats, chocolate