Fun neon green Rice Krispies treats decorated like cute Frankenstein faces for Halloween! An easy treat that the kids can help you make.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- On the stove in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows and stir constantly with nonstick spatula until almost melted.
- Add several drops of the neon green food coloring. Stir, then add more as needed until desired color is reached.
- Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla extract and salt. Add the Rice Krispies and stir until fully coated.
- Spread the treat mixture evenly into the prepared pan and press down lightly. Let cool so they set up.
- Use a long sharp knife to slice treats into 12 squares. Arrange the squares on wax paper, leaving a little space between each one.
- Place about 2/3 cup of chocolate candy melts into a zipper storage bag. Microwave at half power for 20-30 second increments. Massage the bag after each increment until chocolate is fully melted. Be careful, the bag will get hot.
- Snip a very small piece of the corner off of the bag and use it to pipe hair onto the treats. Add two dots for the eyes and attach candy eyeballs. Create mouth shapes as desired (*you can also use black decorating gel in the tube for drawing mouth shapes)
- Allow chocolate to harden and serve. Store leftovers in a cool, dry place in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Instead of a 10 ounce bag of marshmallows, you can use 1 7-ounce jar of marshmallow creme.
Use fresh marshmallows
For best results, use real butter instead of margarine.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: halloween, rice krispies treats, kid friendly, frankenstein