- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Extra white sugar and ground nutmeg for sprinkling
- FOR GLAZE:
- 3 TBS eggnog
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly butter a light metal 9x13 baking dish
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 6 minutes.
- Add the eggnog and eggs and beat until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the 2 cups sugar, flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet in several additions, mixing until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared dish and sprinkle generously with white sugar and ground nutmeg.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until light golden and the middle is just set. A toothpick inserted into the center of the pan should come out with a few moist crumbs. You want the middle to be set, but not overbaked. Your oven may vary the bake times.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 TBS eggnog and powdered sugar. Drizzle over cooled bars, cut into squares, and serve.
- Store leftovers in airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins