Whether you use fresh or cake that has gone a bit stale, grilling your pound cake will add tasty, toasty, and pretty grill marks and elevate your cake-eating experience.
- Pound cake - any flavor - sliced relatively thick
- Softened butter for spreading
- Peaches, rinsed, sliced in half, pits removed (optional)
- Fire up your grill or pre-heat a cast iron grill pan on medium-high heat.
- Lightly butter both sides of cake slices.
- Place slices on the hot grill or grill pan. Grill for 2-3 minutes or until nice dark grill marks appear on the cake slice. Flip once and grill on the other side.
- If grilling peaches or other fruit (see notes) repeat the process with the fruit. Serve cake and fruit warm with fresh whipped cream.
Pound cake works well because its slices are sturdy, but you can grill any kind of dense cake you want.
Other fruits that work great on the grill: nectarines, watermelon slices, peeled and halved bananas, pineapples, pears, mango, and cantaloupe
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Grill