- 20 oz (1.25lbs) extra lean ground turkey
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 cup dry oats
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar (white sugar is fine)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Pre-heat oven to 375F
- In a non-stick pan coated generously with cooking spray, saute onion, pepper, and garlic until soft and fragrant. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix together all other ingredients with cooked vegetables until well-combined.
- In a baking dish coated with cooking spray, form mixture into an even loaf.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1hr or until a meat thermometer registers 165F
- Remove from oven, cover with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes.
Extra lean ground turkey is very easy to overcook, and can result in a dry meatloaf. I like to take mine out of the oven before the meat thermometer hits 165, cover in foil, and let it reach the final temperature in the pan on the counter. You may also add an additional egg to the recipe for added moisture.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of loaf
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 4.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 28.5 grams
- Protein: 38.5 grams