- Cooking spray of choice
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small 1/2 inch cubes (keep them small!)
- 8 oz smoked turkey sausage, fully cooked (I buy link sausage), sliced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne (omit for less spice)
- 1 15 oz can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 12oz bag of frozen cauliflower rice, steamed in bag according to package
- 1 cup medium or spicy salsa
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup broth of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced green onions, cheddar cheese, and sour cream for topping - optional
- In a large nonstick skillet prepared with cooking spray, cook the sweet potatoes over medium heat until about halfway done.
- Add the sausage and allow to heat through an extra 1-2 minutes, then add the onion powder, cayenne, black beans, steamed cauliflower rice, and salsa. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth starting with 1/4 cup and adding more if you feel the mixture needs more moisture. Cook till broth is fully heated into the mixture, taste and adjust seasonings (salt, pepper, etc) as desired.
- Serve warm with toppings if using.