These fun spooky season treats start with crescent roll buns stuffed with a cinnamon sugar marshmallow that disappears as the buns bake, leaving behind a sweet hollow center.
- 1 can of crescent roll dough - 8 count
- 8 large marshmallows
- 3 TBS butter, melted
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 TBS ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray 8 compartments in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Open up the crescent roll dough and separate into triangles. Lay out the triangles on a tray or baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Dip a marshmallow into the melted butter, making sure it's fully coated. Then dip the marshmallow into the cinnamon sugar, rotating to coat on all sides.
- Place the marshmallow on the wide end of a dough triangle. Repeat with remaining marshmallows.
- Roll up each triangle, starting with the wide end. Take your time and pinch together the seams on the dough, being certain that all holes and edges are well-sealed (the marshmallow will leak out otherwise).
- Place each bun into the prepared muffin tin. Bake on center rack for 11-13 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let the buns cool in the pan for a few minutes and then loosen with a butter knife and serve warm.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: hocus pocus buns, crescent roll, cinnamon sugar, marshmallow, melted butter