- 2 packages shirataki noodles
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 6 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can organic cream of chicken soup (see notes)
- 1 6 oz container Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper (salt optional)
- 2 cups cooked shredded turkey
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Empty the noodles into a colander and rinse very well, 3-4 times, tossing the noodles with your fingers. Drain well.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-low heat, toss the noodles for 5-6 minutes to dry them out. Drain out any excess liquid and transfer the noodles to a casserole dish.
- Return skillet to stove and increase heat to medium. Melt the butter and add the chopped onions and mushrooms. Saute until onions are soft and fragrant.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Add the soup, Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, and pepper. Taste, and add salt if needed (shouldn't need much if any).
- Sprinkle cooked turkey on top of the needles and then pour the soup mixture onto the top. Move it around a bit with a spatula to mix it in together. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and bake for 20-25 minutes until the casserole is bubbly and crumbs are golden brown.
- If the breadcrumbs aren't golden enough, switch the oven to Broil for a couple of minutes to crisp them up.
I used organic soup to make the dish a little healthier, but you can use any variety you want.