This was the last dish that I created using our leftover turkey, and since the Christmas treats have already been rolling in, I decided to make some changes to a classic turkey tetrazzini recipe to lighten it up just a bit.
This recipe uses shirataki noodles, my favorite low carb pasta substitute. Even though this isn't a low carb recipe, it's certainly a lot lower in carbs (and calories!) than the original version, so that's good enough for me.
Because I was going for easy and fast, I did use a condensed soup in the mixture for the base of the casserole, but I did buy an organic brand to make it just a little healthier. If you try this recipe, you can use any brand that you want and it'll work out just fine.
This is a lovely little dinner that's certainly more interesting than endless turkey sandwiches! Enjoy!Print
Lighter Turkey Tetrazzini
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 2 packages shirataki noodles
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 6 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can organic cream of chicken soup (see notes)
- 1 6 oz container Greek yogurt
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper (salt optional)
- 2 cups cooked shredded turkey
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Empty the noodles into a colander and rinse very well, 3-4 times, tossing the noodles with your fingers. Drain well.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-low heat, toss the noodles for 5-6 minutes to dry them out. Drain out any excess liquid and transfer the noodles to a casserole dish.
- Return skillet to stove and increase heat to medium. Melt the butter and add the chopped onions and mushrooms. Saute until onions are soft and fragrant.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Add the soup, Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, and pepper. Taste, and add salt if needed (shouldn't need much if any).
- Sprinkle cooked turkey on top of the needles and then pour the soup mixture onto the top. Move it around a bit with a spatula to mix it in together. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and bake for 20-25 minutes until the casserole is bubbly and crumbs are golden brown.
- If the breadcrumbs aren't golden enough, switch the oven to Broil for a couple of minutes to crisp them up.
I used organic soup to make the dish a little healthier, but you can use any variety you want.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
Please know that the nutrition facts I share are just a general guide and that variations will occur due to the exact ingredients that you use.
Do you like this recipe and want to find it easily later? Please consider pinning it to your Pinterest boards - thanks for visiting my little blog!
Say Something About This Post: