- 1 cup of marinara sauce (see notes)
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped OR 2 TBS dried basil
- 3 cups of cooked, shredded chicken breasts
- 4 Flatout Flatbreads, original or Italian herb flavor (see notes) OR butter lettuce for lower carb
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Additional warmed sauce for dipping - optional
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and basil. Stir to combine and cook until heated through.
- Add the chicken and stir. Taste and adjust seasonings and allow to cook until chicken is warmed.
- Heat a grill pan or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. (if using butter lettuce, you will skip the grilling steps)
- Place 2 tablespoons of cheese down the center of a flatbread, top with 1/4 of the chicken mixture and top with an additional 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Fold the short ends of the flatbread toward the center and then fold the longer sides together, creating a closed wrap.
- Spray the heated grill pan or skillet with nonstick cooking spray and Place the wrap onto the pan. Grill until toasted on one side, and then flip and repeat on the other side. Repeat the process with the remaining wraps (you may be able to grill multiple wraps at once depending on the size of your pan)
- Serve with additional warmed sauce, if desired.
- Make sure to read labels and choose a marinara sauce that does not have added sugars to control the carb count. My personal favorite is Rao's Homemade Marinara sauce and it's available at most regular grocery stores
- If you can't find Flatout bread, you can use any whole wheat/high fiber or low carb wrap.