This parsnip puree is incredibly smooth and creamy, bold with the flavors of garlic and olive oil. A rich and satisfying side dish that is easy to make!
- 3 lbs peeled parsnips cut into 2” pieces
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup whole garlic cloves
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 TBS sea salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- Place parsnip pieces into a pot and cover with water. Add the salt and stir. Bring to a low boil and let boil until parsnips are tender when pierced with a fork, 20-30 minutes.
- In a second, small pot, add the olive oil and garlic and bring to a simmer for several minutes until cloves are soft and golden.
- Add garlic and oil to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the milk and cream to the pan used for the garlic and olive oil and heat until just warmed.
- Drain the cook parsnips and add to blender along with the heated milk and cream. Add the sea salt and white pepper. Blend until totally smooth, scraping down the blender as needed.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 2 days.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: side dish, parsnip puree, mashed parsnips