Perfectly chewy yet soft peanut butter Rice Krispie bars add a robust roasted peanut flavor to a simple universally-loved treat.
- 4 TBS salted butter
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 10-ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal (Rice Krispies or similar)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Chopped peanuts for topping. optional
- In a heavy-bottomed pan over low heat, melt the butter and peanut butter.
- Add the marshmallows and stir with a non-stick spatula until fully melted. Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Remove from heat and add the cereal in 3 additions, mixing with the non-stick spatula until cereal is fully coated.
- Lightly press into the prepared pan. Add chopped peanuts to the top, if using, and lightly press down to get them to adhere.
- Allow to chill for an hour or so and then slice into squares.
- Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container.
If using unsalted butter, add a small pinch of salt to the melted butter and peanut butter.
You can use natural peanut butter, just make sure it's the "no stir" variety or that it is well-stirred into the oils.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop