- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup spicy (arrabiata) pasta sauce
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated cheese of choice and chopped parsley, optional for topping
- Hearty whole grain toast slices, optional for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet, add the onion and cook until translucent, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the pasta sauce and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Use a spoon and make 4 indentations in the sauce. Crack each egg on the side of the skillet and add them to the indentations. Cover the skillet and allow to cook until the eggs are white and yolks are set (just check them every minute or so).
- Serve eggs with sauce on slices of thick whole grain toast and top with salt, pepper, and grated cheese if desired.