- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 16oz block classic Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 can mild diced green chiles and tomatoes (I use Rotel), drained - can use spicy instead
- In a nonstick skillet, brown the beef until no pink remains while using the spatula to cut into small pieces. Drain well.
- Mix in the water and taco seasoning. Transfer seasoned beef into the slow cooker with the Velveeta cubes and can of diced green chiles.
- Cook on low, stirring frequently as the cheese melts, 1-2 hours or until cheese is completely melted and dip is nice and warm. Turn slow cooker to low to keep the dip warm while serving.
- Serve with tortilla or corn chips. To keep the carbs lower, dip with raw baby carrots, cut celery sticks, cauliflower florets, or pork rinds.