- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/3 cup BBQ Sauce, or more to taste
- 1 8oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 large red onion
- 8 hamburger buns, toasted
- Optional toppings: lettuce, Jack cheese
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and add enough water just to cover them. Add a few shakes of salt to the water.
- Place lid on cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Carefully drain the water, reserving about 1/4 cup in the slow cooker. Use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Add the BBQ sauce and pineapple and stir to combine. Taste and add more BBQ sauce as needed. Replace the lid and cook on high until the sauce is warmed through.
- While the sauce is warming, slice the red onion and cook them in a skillet with cooking spray or a little olive oil, if desired, or you can leave them raw if you prefer the crunch.
- Serve chicken on toasted buns with red onion slices. Optionally, you can add lettuce and Jack cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 hours