- 6 whole carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks of fresh celery, chopped
- 10 oz frozen peas
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2lb raw stew beef, lean or extra lean
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 32 oz box low-sodium chicken or beef broth
- Seasonings, to taste (salt (plain or seasoned), black pepper, Tony's - whatever you like!)
- Add carrots, celery, and onion into a large stock pot.
- Trim any fat from stew beef and cut into smaller pieces if desired. Add to pot.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes and chicken broth, stir together.
- Bring mixture to a low boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover pot with lid, and let cook for 90 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot. Wonderful make ahead meal for dinner for several days!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 130 mins
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- Calories: 322g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 28.5
- Protein: 36.5