Vegetable Beef Stew
This is another one of our simple no-fuss meals that is perfect for busy lifestyles and healthy living. Vegetable soup is so warm and comforting, and I find this recipe to be very filling. The crushed tomato and chicken broth base cooks into a thinner soup, but if you'd like to thick it up, wait until the stew is almost done, and then remove ½ cup of the liquid from the pot and whisk in ¼ cup of flour. Stir in and continue cooking an extra few minutes to let it thicken up. Enjoy!Print
What's For Dinner - Vegetable Beef Stew
- Total Time: 2 hours 25 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 6 whole carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks of fresh celery, chopped
- 10 oz frozen peas
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2lb raw stew beef, lean or extra lean
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 32 oz box low-sodium chicken or beef broth
- Seasonings, to taste (salt (plain or seasoned), black pepper, Tony's - whatever you like!)
- Add carrots, celery, and onion into a large stock pot.
- Trim any fat from stew beef and cut into smaller pieces if desired. Add to pot.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes and chicken broth, stir together.
- Bring mixture to a low boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover pot with lid, and let cook for 90 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot. Wonderful make ahead meal for dinner for several days!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 130 mins
- Serving Size: 1.5 cups
- Calories: 322g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 28.5
- Protein: 36.5
I have made this recipe so many times and I love it! It is so simple and tastes great.
That's awesome, Nicole! We make it all the time, too. It's so easy for weeknight meals.
“What?s For Dinner - Vegetable Beef Stew” was indeed certainly compelling and beneficial!
Within modern universe that’s difficult to carry out. Thank you,
how does the chicken broth make it taste because Ive always known people to use beef broth for beef strew? thanks:)
I made this for dinner tonight and it was good just a but bland. What spices should I add to give it more flavor?
Salt, pepper, and maybe thyme?
I made this for my husband tonight and he loved it! Thank you for the simple and healthy recipe 🙂
Fantastic!! I'm glad to hear he loved it. 🙂
jess white @athriftyfoodie
ah this such a lovely photo. it's looks so wholesome!
Thank you, Jess! It's a great recipe.