A decadent white chocolate fudge full of crushed and crumbled Oreo cookies and topped with festive candies. The fudge base tastes like the filling in an Oreo cookie!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 small can (5oz) evaporated milk
- 1 (12-oz.) package white chocolate chips
- 1 (7-oz.) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 cup crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreo or similar)
- 1/2 cup coarsely crumbled chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreo or similar)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Pastel candies or sprinkles for decorating, optional
- Line a 9" square pan or tupperware with aluminum foil or wax paper and set aside.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Place a small bowl of cold water next to the stove.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil. Fit the pan with a candy thermometer.
- Continue boiling for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly, or until the mixture reaches soft ball temperature: 235 - 245F
- Test for soft-ball stage by spooning out a small bit of the fudge mixture and dropping it into the cool water. Wait a moment and then try to form the mixture into a ball with your fingers and pick it up. If it dissolves or disintegrates into the water, it needs to cook a bit more.
- Once soft ball as been reached, remove from heat.
- Add white chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, the 1 cup of crushed cookies, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt.
- Stir with nonstick spatula until the chips melt and the mixture is smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Pour liquid fudge into prepared pan. Allow to cool for a few minutes, and then top with remaining cookie chunks and pastel candy (if using) and gently press toppings into fudge.
- Allow to cool to room temperature on the counter.
- Cover and chill until firm, at least 2 hours though it may take longer.
- Lift fudge from pan by grasping the foil or paper, peel down the edges, and cut into squares using a sharp knife that's been held under hot water.
If you use salted butter, omit the extra pinch of salt