- 1/3 cup + 1 TBS heavy cream
- Zest of one large lime
- 1 TBS fresh lime juice
- 9 ounces of chopped white chocolate (or chips)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 stick butter, diced
- chopped shredded coconut and crushed graham crackers, for rolling
- In a saucepan, stir together cream and lime zest.
- Heat on medium-low until cream begins to simmer and steam (do not allow to boil).
- Remove saucepan from heat, cover, and allow to steep for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the white chocolate, salt, and butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 45 seconds on high until chocolate and butter have just begun to melt.
- Once cream has steeped, uncover and reheat to a simmer.
- Remove cream from heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Using a wire mesh strainer over the bowl with white chocolate and butter, pour the hot cream through the strainer.
- Whisk the cream, chocolate, and butter together until completely smooth.
- Cover surface of bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Once chilled, use a spoon to scoop balls from the hardened chocolate and, working quickly, use your hands to shape. Immediately roll in chopped coconut or crushed graham crackers and set aside. Repeat with remaining chocolate.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.