I’m a huge sweet potato fan, and I don’t discriminate. Baked, grilled, roasted, fried (naughty!)… if it’s made with a sweet potato, I’m all over it.
These baked sweet potato fries are so easy and versatile and are the perfect snack or side dish for a variety of meals! Season them up however you want! We had these after a hard hike in the mountains alongside a roast beef sandwich on yummy soft onion rolls. We kept things simple with a little salt and pepper, but see the notes in the recipe below for other ideas as well!
|Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries||
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Cornstarch – a small sprinkle (optional)
- Olive oil and melted butter (optional), just enough to coat fries
- Seasoning (see notes)
- Pre heat your oven to 450F
- Peel sweet potatoes, or wash and leave the skins on
- Cut into fries, about ½ inch thick. Try to cut them all somewhat even.
- In a bowl, toss fries with just enough olive oil to coat. If using sweet seasonings, you can add a little bit of melted butter to the oil.
- Toss fries with desired seasoning (see notes), and if desired, a little cornstarch to promote extra crisping.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or give it a spritz of cooking spray)
- Arrange fries in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Bake on the middle rack of your oven, turning once, until desired texture has been achieved.
- Every oven is different, so bake time will vary. Start with 10-12 minutes and test to see where you are.
- Let cool before serving.
How do you prefer your fries? Leave me a comment and let me know!