This quick and easy recipe contains 3 of my favorite things: pumpkin, breakfast for dinner, and a doctored mix.
Eating breakfast food for dinner is a comforting treat and there’s a vast number of dishes available for such a meal. You can go savory with bacon, eggs, and tall buttermilk biscuits, or you can go sweet with pancakes, waffles, or French toast. Whichever you choose, one fact remains: breakfast for dinner is ALWAYS the right choice.
These foolproof pumpkin pancakes start with a simple just-add-water buttermilk pancake mix from Krusteaz. I realize that pumpkin pancakes are nothing new or innovative in the world of breakfast recipes, but I’ve found that they can be finicky little mistresses when it comes to texture. While I love a good pancake made from scratch, doctoring up a mix is very convenient when you want to get something delicious on the table as quickly as possible and don’t want to risk any possible mishaps.
These pancakes cook up nice and fluffy and are chock full of pumpkin flavor with just the right amount of spice. The cinnamon cream cheese drizzle isn’t too sweet and gets a hit of spices as well, making this the perfect breakfast for dinner treat this fall. Enjoy!
|Pumpkin Pie Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle|| || |
- FOR PANCAKES
- 1.5 cups Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix (or any just-add-water mix)
- 1 cup cold water
- ⅓ cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- FOR DRIZZLE
- 4oz (half a block) of cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream, plus more for thinning
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- FOR PANCAKES
- Heat a griddle or large flat skillet on medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients until combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- Allow batter to stand 5 minutes.
- Spray griddle or skillet with nonstick spray and scoop ¼ cup of batter per pancake.
- Flip pancakes when bubbles begin to form and pop on top of each pancake. Allow to cook an additional couple of minutes, and then use a spatula to peek at the bottom of pancake to check if they are done (~2 minutes)
- FOR DRIZZLE
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to combine all ingredients until smooth. Thin with additional cream if needed until desired consistency is reached.
Breakfast Night Prize Pack Giveaway!
Krusteaz is giving one of our readers a fun prize pack of one each of the mixes you see above: Buttermilk Pancake, Blueberry Pancake, Belgian Waffle, and Wild Blueberry Supreme Muffin. In addition to these fun mixes, the winner will receive a pancake pen squeeze bottle, a nonstick spatula, and a coupon for some free product! The contest runs from now until Monday, October 5th at 11:59pm Eastern Time. Winner will be contacted via email!
Here’s how to enter:
- Leave a comment on this post and tell me your favorite breakfast meal to have for dinner! – mandatory
- Follow @ebrowniebites (me!) and @krusteaz on Instagram – optional for an extra entry. Leave an additional comment telling me you’ve followed both accounts or are already a follower!
- Tweet about this giveaway! Make sure to tag @erinbrowne and link to this blog post. Here’s a shortened link to use: http://goo.gl/IL6cxF – optional for an extra entry. Leave an additional comment with a link to your tweet!
- Subscribe to our email updates! Find the sign-up box in the sidebar. – optional for an extra entry. Leave an additional comment telling me you’ve subscribed or that you are already a subscriber!
Good luck everyone!!
We were provided a selection of baking mixes from Krusteaz to create a breakfast for dinner recipe – we do not accept compensation or free product in return for a fully positive review. Remember our motto – if it sucks, we’ll tell ya!