An easy meal with lots of leftovers, and you only have to wash one pot? Sign me up. This taco turkey whole wheat pasta is healthy, filling, and satisfying.
There’s a whole lotta flavors going on in here. I even got away with using extra lean ground turkey to cut more calories and you couldn’t even tell. One serving is a generous cup full and all of the protein and complex carbs will fill you up and keep you going.
It’s perfect on its own or you can add cheese, parsley, cilantro, or whatever you want! Enjoy!
|Easy One Pot Taco Turkey Pasta|| |
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS taco seasoning
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 avocado, diced, pit and peel discarded
- Shredded cheese for topping, optional
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed soup pot on medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, then add the garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Add the ground turkey and break apart with a spatula, cooking until no more pink remains.
- Add the taco seasoning, black beans, corn, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, broth, and pasta. Stir and sprinkle in some salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer.
- Cover and allow to simmer, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes or until pasta is done to your likeness. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir in the avocado and serve topped with shredded cheese, if desired.
Serving size is 1 cup. Sorry, I forgot to add it to the label! Nutrition info does not include any additional toppings such as cheese, etc.
Pin this recipe to your dinner ideas boards! Hover your mouse over the image below and click the button that pops up.