Vegetable Beef Stew
This is another one of our simple no-fuss meals that is perfect for busy lifestyles and healthy living. Vegetable soup is so warm and comforting, and I find this recipe to be very filling. The crushed tomato and chicken broth base cooks into a thinner soup, but if you’d like to thick it up, wait until the stew is almost done, and then remove 1/2 cup of the liquid from the pot and whisk in 1/4 cup of flour. Stir in and continue cooking an extra few minutes to let it thicken up. Enjoy!
|What's For Dinner - Vegetable Beef Stew|| || |
- 6 whole carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks of fresh celery, chopped
- 10 oz frozen peas
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2lb raw stew beef, lean or extra lean
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 32 oz box low-sodium chicken or beef broth
- Seasonings, to taste (salt (plain or seasoned), black pepper, Tony's - whatever you like!)
- Add carrots, celery, and onion into a large stock pot.
- Trim any fat from stew beef and cut into smaller pieces if desired. Add to pot.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes and chicken broth, stir together.
- Bring mixture to a low boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover pot with lid, and let cook for 90 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot. Wonderful make ahead meal for dinner for several days!