Using a premade naan, this unbelievable BBQ chicken naan pizza will become one of your favorite easy dinner ideas. Tons of flavor comes from the olive oil and garlic-rubbed naan, barbecue sauce, chicken, pepperoncini peppers, red onion, and lots of melty colby jack cheese!
This Pizza Will Change Your Life
Though there's nothing particularly fancy about the toppings used in this bbq chicken naan pizza, I promise you that it is spectacular. Pick up some premade naan from the grocery store's bakery section - the ones I used are around 10 inches on the long side and they come in a pack of 2. Next, you'll brush the naan with a little olive oil and rub on some fresh garlic.
Then, the toppings! More barbecue is spread onto the naan and topped with saucy cooked chicken, sliced pepperoncini peppers, sliced red onion, and plenty of shredded colby jack cheese. After a quick bake in a hot oven, all of these sweet and spicy flavors come together in one gooey, cheesy, delicious and easy pizza.
Ingredients For BBQ Chicken Naan Pizza
- Naan - I buy premade naan in the bakery section of the grocery store. I use the full-size sheets - about 10 inches long - and they come in packs of 2. You can also use frozen naan (thaw it out first) or mini naan (use more of them)
- Olive Oil and Fresh Garlic - Brushing the naan with a small amount of olive oil promotes browning and adds flavor. Rubbing on some fresh garlic on top of the oil infuses even more flavorful bits into the naan crust.
- Barbecue Sauce - Choose something that is a good balance between spicy, smoky, and sweet. You want to complement the zip from the peppers and onion without overpowering it with sweetness.
- Chicken - You'll need a heaping two cups of cooked and chopped chicken. You can use light or dark meat or a combination of the two. You can also start with a pound of raw chicken and cook and chop it yourself using any method you like - pan fry, grill, bake, etc.
- Pepperoncini Peppers - I recommend using jarred, whole, pickled pepperoncini peppers. Slice them up and discard the juices inside (or save them for a marinade)
- Red Onion - Slice them thin so that they can soften up in the oven, releasing their mellow yet bold flavor.
- Colby Jack Cheese - Using this type of cheese instead of mozzarella adds a bit of extra sharpness that goes very well with the other ingredients. While you can use pre-shredded, shredding your own will yield the gooey-est, cheesiest pizza.
Helpful Equipment - Pizza Pans
You don't need any specialized equipment to make bbq chicken naan pizza and you likely have everything you need already in your kitchen. Here are a few things to make sure you have on hand.
Pizza Pan - You can use a regular baking sheet for these pizzas and it'll work just fine, but using a pizza pan - one with holes to allow air to reach the crust and crisp it up - is best. Follow the link to see a large 16-inch pan that'll give you enough room to hold two naan pizzas.
Extra Flavor Additions
Want to add some extra fresh flavors into your pizza? Try sprinkling on some fresh herbs like chopped basil or oregano. Add some heat with crushed red pepper flakes. Bulk it up with additional veggies like cooked mushrooms, black olives, or red peppers. Add a twist of fresh black pepper or sprinkle on some grated Parmesan to finish it off.
While this bbq chicken naan pizza is a meal all by itself, try serving it alongside these ideas:
- A fresh green salad
- A bowl of soup
- Garlic Parmesan breadsticks
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Cold pasta salad
Now here's what you came here for - the full recipe! Please enjoy this delicious pizza and let me know all about your experience in the comments down below!Print
BBQ Chicken Naan Pizza
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 personal pizzas 1x
Your new favorite pizza! Comes together easily using cooked chicken and premade naan, this pizza has so much zip and flavor from red onion, pepperoncini peppers, garlic, and plenty of gooey colby jack cheese!
- 2 premade pieces of naan (about 10 inches long each)
- Olive oil for brushing
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 TBS barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 generous cup chopped cooked chicken
- 3-4 pepperoncini peppers, sliced, stem discarded
- ⅔ cup thinly-sliced red onion
- 4 oz (half a block) colby jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet or large pizza pan with cooking spray and place the naan pieces on it side by side. Brush each piece with a small amount of olive oil and rub on equal amounts of the minced garlic.
- In a small bowl, mix the cooked chicken with 2 TBS of the barbecue sauce. Spread the remaining sauce equally on the naan.
- Top pizzas with the chicken, peppers, red onion, and the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, checking early and often, and remove when the edges of the naan have turned golden and the cheese is melted to your preferences.
If starting with raw chicken, use about half a pound for boneless (8 ounces), seasoned with salt and pepper, and cook in a small amount of heated oil in a skillet until done all the way through.
I recommend using a pizza crisper pan (with holes) like this one.
Choose a good, smoky barbecue sauce for best flavor - you want a nice balance between sweet and spicy.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
Keywords: pizza, naan, easy dinner, barbecue chicken, peppers, red onion, cheesy
Not making this right now? Make sure you can find this recipe later! Use the photo below to Pin to your Pinterest boards, or share with your friends on social media by using the buttons at the top or bottom of this post. Thanks so much for visiting!
Say Something About This Post: