These stuffed mushrooms with bacon get some added crunch with the addition of chopped walnuts. The filling is so flavorful and delicious! Serve them fresh from the oven as a tantalizing appetizer
An Easy Appetizer
Stuffed mushrooms look and taste a lot fancier than they are. No special skills are needed to prepare these delicious appetizers. Best served warm right out of the oven, these stuffed mushrooms with bacon and walnuts will be well-received by your party or dinner guests.
You can find so many different versions of stuffed mushrooms out there on the Internet, so it comes down to a matter of personal preferences as to which is the "best". I whipped these up and, after a little tweaking and adjust, think I have come up with a really awesome variety that I know you will enjoy as well!
Which Ingredients Do I Need?
This recipe uses a simple filling that utilizes some heavy hitting ingredients to create a super delicious combination. Here's what you'll need to make stuffed mushrooms with bacon:
- Cremini Mushrooms - also known as baby bella. You'll need 12-15 mushrooms depending on size.
- Bacon - the bacon grease is used to saute the other ingredients and the crumbled cook bacon adds lots of flavor and crunch to the filling.
- Walnuts - this is my first time using walnuts in stuffed mushrooms and I'm never going back! Yum!
- Shallots & Garlic - two key flavor elements that make up the foundation of the filling.
- Parsley - just a couple tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley is all you'll need, plus more for garnish if you wish.
- Olive Oil and Cooking Sherry - a couple tablespoons of each helps the filling bind together as well as contributing richness to the flavor. You'll love the extra bit of pizzazz the sherry adds.
- Breadcrumbs - you can use plain or seasoned, premade or make your own, just make sure they are finely-crumbled.
- Parmesan Cheese - the tangy flavor of Parmesan is a great complement to the rest of the filling mixture.
- Salt and Pepper - because ya always gotta have it.
Can I Make These In Advance?
If you need to prepare these stuffed mushrooms with bacon in advance, go ahead and assemble the mushrooms with the filling. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 24 hours, and then bake as usual. I do not recommend freezing.
What Do I Do With Leftovers?
Stuffed mushrooms are one of those dishes that is really best eaten when fresh. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, place them in the microwave under a damp paper towel and heat for about 20 seconds. Don't overheat as they'll quickly dry out and get tough and chewy.
You can also repurpose leftover stuffed mushrooms by chopping them up and adding them to scrambled eggs, pasta, or rice.Print
Not making this recipe just yet? Make sure you can find it later! Use the photo below to Pin to your Pinterest boards. You can also use the buttons at the top or bottom of this post to share on social media. Thank you for visiting!