Though it’s already painfully obvious from the types of recipes that populate this blog, I am a big dessert eater. If I’m going to sit down to a nice meal, I love to finish things up with a little something sweet.
Dessert shooters are an amazing way to finish up a big meal without going overboard on the sweets. These simple and perfectly-portioned treats are made simply by layering a light white chocolate peppermint mousse with crushed graham crackers.
They’re light, refreshing, and they come together in no time!
Served in tall shot glasses or pretty mini stemmed glasses, they’re just as pretty as they are tasty. If you’re having guests over for dinner, make these ahead of time and keep the tray of glasses in the refrigerator. They’ll be chilled and ready to go as soon as it’s time for dessert!
|Shamrock Dessert Shooters|| |
- 1½ cups heavy cream, divided
- 12 ounces chopped white chocolate or 1 bag white chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-3 drops green food coloring
- 3 cups (approximate) crushed graham crackers, for layering
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat half of the heavy cream until starting to steam. Do not boil. Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate, stirring until melted and mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- Add the peppermint extract and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, using a hand mixer or a stand mixer with whisk attachment, add food coloring to remaining heavy cream until desired color is reached, and then beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold cooled chocolate mixture into whipped cream. Layer with graham crackers into tall shot glasses or pretty stemmed glasses. Chill until ready to serve.
- Depending on how thick your layers are and how large your glasses are, one recipe should make 10-12 servings.